Posey County – Friday morning, March 23, at approximately 1:55 a.m., Trooper Seth Rainey was patrolling westbound S.R. 62 near Posey County Line Road when he observed the vehicle traveling in front of him crash into a guardrail. The driver was identified as Jesse Heckman, 27, of Mt. Vernon.
Heckman and his four-year-old daughter, who was also in the vehicle, were not injured. Further investigation revealed Heckman was operating his vehicle while under the influence of alcohol and driving with a habitual traffic violator status. Heckman was arrested and taken to the Posey County Jail where he is currently being held on bond.
ARRESTED AND CHARGES:
• Jesse Heckman, 27, Mt. Vernon, IN
1. Habitual Traffic Violator, Class D Felony
2. Neglect of a Dependant, Class D Felony
3. Operating a Vehicle while Intoxicated and Endangering a Passenger, Class A Misdemeanor
4. Operating a Vehicle While Intoxicated, Class C Misdemeanor
Arresting Officer: Trooper Seth Rainey, Indiana State Police
Assisting Agency: Posey County Sheriff’s Department
*Information from Indiana State Police
Vincennes Man Arrested on Drug and Neglect Charges after Trooper Checks on Vehicle Left in the Roadway