Indiana State Police joined forces with other members of the 6-State Trooper Project for a DUI enforcement initiative June 29th and 30th in an effort to reduce DUI related fatal and injury crashes. This high-visibility enforcement effort included the Indiana State Police, Kentucky State Police, Ohio State Highway Patrol, Pennsylvania State Police, Michigan State Police and West Virginia State Police.
DUI Enforcement Activity for Evansville District: Troopers at the Evansville District issued 90 traffic tickets, 133 warnings, arrested 8 minors for consuming alcohol and arrested 9 impaired drivers.
The following were arrested in Knox County for Driving While Intoxicated:
• Paul Marchino, 32, Vincennes, IN
• Matthew Spaulding, 34, Washington, IN
• Brad Ellerman, 32, Vincennes, IN
• August McCormick, 30, Vincennes, IN
• Pedro Torres, 40, Vincennes, IN
• Jacob Ray, 20, Vincennes, IN
The following were arrested in Vanderburgh County for Driving While Intoxicated:
• Nicholas R. Arnold, 24, Evansville, IN
• Zachary Baughman, 32, Evansville, IN
• Shawn Wildt, 26, Mt. Vernon, IN
Indiana State Police Superintendent Paul Whitesell, PhD. commented, “We are steadfast in our commitment to minimize the number of crashes that injure and kill people on our roadways and will use all tools and enforcement methods at our disposal to stop such needless tragedies.”