Mulzer Crushed Stone, Inc. will offer free sand to the public beginning immediately at our Henderson, Kentucky; Griffin, Mt. Vernon, Evansville, Newburgh, Rockport and Tell City, Indiana locations to aid in flood control. Residents will need to contact their local or county Emergency Management Agency to obtain unfilled sandbags and bring shovels to fill them.
- Posey County EMA – (812) 838-1333
- Evansville EMA – (812) 421-6204 **(SEE UPDATE BELOW)
- Henderson, KY EMA – **(SEE UPDATE BELOW)
- Warrick County EMA – (812) 897-6178
- Spencer County EMA – (812) 649-6020
- Perry County EMA – (812) 547-4426
Sand will be available at each location 24 hours a day and signs will be posted providing directions to the sand piles after hours.
- MCS Griffin Pit is located at 300 Mulzer Lane, Griffin IN 47616
- MCS Mt. Vernon Depot is located at 10700 IN-69, Mt. Vernon, IN 47620
- MCS Evansville Depot is located at 900 NW Riverside Dr., Evansville, IN 47734
- MCS Henderson, KY Depot is located at 2351 Old Geneva Road, Henderson, KY 42420
- MCS Newburgh Depot is located at 9511 State Road 662, Newburgh, IN 47630
- MCS Rockport Depot is located at 411 Washington St., Rockport, IN 47635
- MCS Tell City Depot is located on Lafayette Street in Tell City, IN 47586
Mulzer Crushed Stone News - February 22, 2018
CITY OF EVANSVILLE UPDATE 11:10AM FEBRUARY 23: Sand bags are available (until supply lasts) to the public at the city garage 24 hours/day at no cost. Location is 1304 Waterworks Rd for pickup outside of the main fence.
UPDATE 7:20PM FEBRUARY 23 FROM BRADLEY L. SCHNEIDER HENDERSON COUNTY JUDGE/EXECUTIVE: Best place for local folks to get free sandbags this weekend is at the Henderson County Detention Center Saturday and Sunday between 6 am and 2 pm. The Henderson County road dept. will be closed both days.