Knox County – Tuesday afternoon, August 7, Indiana State Police arrested Steven Martin, Jr, 37, and his girlfriend, Kara Cooper, 41, of Bicknell, for manufacturing meth and various other drug offenses.
Indiana State Police initiated a criminal investigation in June after receiving information that Martin and Cooper were involved in illegal drug activity. After obtaining information during the investigation, troopers were able to obtain a search warrant for their residence located at 906 Indiana Street in Bicknell. At approximately 12:40 p.m. troopers executed the search warrant and found methamphetamine, paraphernalia and ingredients used to manufacture methamphetamine. “Some of the items we found included acid, lithium batteries, salt, coffee filters, pseudoephedrine, HCL generators and plastic tubing,” said Trooper Doug Francis. The residence is located approximately 400 feet from the Bicknell City Park. Martin and Cooper are currently being held on bond in the Knox County Jail.
ARRESTED AND CHARGES:
• Steven Mack Martin, Jr, 37, 906 Indiana Street, Bicknell, IN
• Kara Cooper, 41, 906 Indiana Street, Bicknell, IN
1. Manufacturing Meth within 1,000 feet of a Public Park, Class A Felony
2. Possession of Meth, Class B Felony
3. Possession of Precursors, Class C Felony
4. Possession of Anhydrous Ammonia, Class A Misdemeanor
5. Possession of Paraphernalia, Class A Misdemeanor
Arresting Officers: Trooper Doug Francis and Senior Trooper Bill Gadberry
Assisting Officers: Senior Trooper John Trotter, Trooper Ryan Johnson,
Master Trooper Doug Humphrey and Chemist Dan Colbert
Assisting Agencies: Bicknell Police and Knox County Sheriff’s Department
SOURCE: Indiana State Police
Evansville man arrested on multiple charges when police respond to second gun related call at east side restaurant